The Breeze – April 27, 1911 – Page 4

The Baptist church was transformed into a bower of beauty last Wednesday night, with white and green in honor of the wedding of two of De Funiak’s most popular young people, Miss Florence, the only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Monroe Laird and Glen, the eldest son of Mayor A. L. Beach, who plighted their troth in the presence of a crowd that filled the church to to doors in spite of the showers that dropt nearly all the afternoon, Rev. D. P. Slaughter, of the Methodist church, performing the ceremony, assisted by Mr. Catts, the Baptist pastor.

The coming of the bridal party was heralded by the singing of  “O Fair, O Sweet, O Holy”  by Mrs. Harley Cawthon, Miss Annie Burke Landrum playing the accompaniment with violin obligato by Rosby Brown, and the strains of Mendelshon”s wedding march announced their entrance into the church, Miss Beaulah Morris being the bridesmaid, with Mrs. B. P. Morris as matron of honor, and the best man Lancelot  Hughes. The bride’s other attendants were Misses Jimmie Lou Burkes, Mary Vic Bole, Minni McCaskill, Ossie Berry and Ethel Chapman, while G. D. Campbell, Waverly Wadsworth, Ralph Campbell and Angus McKinnon were the groomsmen. Geo. Cawthon and C. A. Landrum were the ushers, little Walton Flournoy the page and Mark Burk and Gracie Flournoy the flower girls.

After the ceremony the immediate bridal party with a few of the more intimate friiends repaired to the Brown House where a luncheon was served before the arrival of the train on which the happy pair left for an extended tour to New Orleans and other points. On their return they will be at home in the Beach cottage on Live Oak avenue which was the gift of the groom’s father.

[Contributed by Michael Strickland]